Thursday, April 24, 2008

Smile...your on Coolreds camera!

So I was out riding shot gun in my friends car last nite. We were going along minding our business when out of the blue...or should I say the right hand side of us...a mini cooper came blasting past and did, what I refer to as, Sewing Up Traffic....you know...that quick and reckless darting from lane to lane with little regard for fellow road users. The fact that he came from the right side took us by surprise...so he nearly clipped our front fender...but it didnt slow him down a bit....off he went...hopefully to hit a pot hole or something equally destructive to speeding mini coopers.

After getting our heartbeats back down to cruising levels...we were waiting at a traffic line with quite a long line behind us...we were first in line...until Ms. I Dont Have to Wait Like All You Ordinary Citizens came up smartly and parked herself right in front of us...then she had the nerve to back up so as not to get hit by traffic coming straight at her...and tooted at us to make room. My friend and I each helped the other put our lower jaws back in place...the Nerve!

Oh...lets not forget the sly dog that just lept out into traffic on the roundabout nearly sending us into the lorry on our other side...did he even notice the several sets of eyes popping in his rearview mirror as he sped blithely away? I think not.

So all in all...our short ride was frought with peril and near death at every turn...makes the days of riding donkeys just a little more appealing with every passing car trip....people can be whatever they are in real life...but put them behind the wheel of a car and they turn into...well...Mindless Blind Idiots...so here is what I propose to do in my effort to make the Blind see again...

I will forget for a moment the possibly physical reactions of taking peoples pics in a country that considers that an invasion of privacy...never mind that my personal space is being invaded by their 3 tons of metal...from now on I will keep my digital cam handy in my Jeep...any time I see someone driving..or parked...in an illegal manner I will take a pic of their car doing this deed. I will of course...not break traffic laws myself while doing this...both hands on the wheel and all that...but take pics I will. What I will do after that is still up for debate...but printing out pics and distributing them sounds good...making a website exclusively for traffic offenders is another good one...in other words...shame these Mindless Blind Idiots into realizing that they in fact do not own the road despite who their father is or their nationality. Make them understand that their driving affects all of us...I prefer to get home to my kids in one piece...as would everyone else...so we need to do something to wake up these people to the fact that a car is not a PS2 game...you cant hit Re-Start when things go bad...if we all do a little..we can do alot.

anyone want to start a photography club with me...applications are available!!! sigh.

3 comments:

LiB Team said...

well well well, welcome to our road haters club, check our very early posts for such idiots, and yeah we do the same, take pics of those morons. I suggest you do and everyone else until the whole world knows that some Bahrainis think they are gods on the road. Hey why not send them in bulk to the traffic police? I know they are useless and they only punish those who THEY want to punish but I feel that under pressure they will finally succumb to the influx of pics and decide to do something about it, get the camera rolling :)

coolred38 said...

Its good to know others feel the same as I do...picture takers Unite!

ammaro said...

i think you should start a site and get everyone to contribute... it would be an amazing initiative... i know i have a bunch of photos i wanna add...